Biotech stocks, which have seen temporary spikes during the coronavirus crisis as investors bet on the possibility of a vaccine, may be getting ahead of themselves.
The coronavirus threat has bolstered interest Inovio’s (NASDAQ: INO) antiviral programs
Inovio’s share price jumped last week after the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations gave the biotech a grant of up to $9 million to develop a vaccine for the coronavirus strain that’s causing concerns.
Novavax (NASDAQ: NVAX), one of the biggest movers among biotech stocks in the wake of the coronavirus scare saw its shares soar after the company announced that it’s working on a coronavirus vaccine. While Novavax shifts some resources to focus on the coronavirus, the biotech’s lead candidate is its nanoparticle-based flu vaccine NanoFlu. Novavax expects to report results from a late-stage clinical study of the vaccine later in the next three to four few months.
NanoViricides Confirms It Has Been Working On A Treatment For The Novel Wuhan Coronavirus
NanoViricides, Inc. (NYSE: NNVC) a global leader in the development of highly effective antiviral therapies based on a novel nanomedicines platform, is confirming public disclosures in articles by various industry journals and other articles, that it is working on developing a treatment for the novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV, or the Wuhan coronavirus.
“We have already initiated a program for developing a treatment for the 2019-nCOV,” said Anil R. Diwan, PhD, President and Executive Chairman of the Company, adding, “Our platform technology enables possibly the most rapid pathway for new drug development against viral diseases. Of course, we will need support from governmental and international agencies such as the US CDC, WHO, and Chinese CDC to successfully develop these treatments, and, if developed, to get them to the patients in the fastest possible time. At this time, the Company does not have a collaboration with any of these agencies, and we have not been contacted by any of these entities or asked to develop a treatment for this virus. We had collaborations with the CDC and USAMRIID in the past. The Company intends to pursue a relevant collaboration for testing of our drug candidates soon.”
More than 40 million Americans suffer from varicose veins, which can be both unsightly and painful, but the best way to get rid of them hasn’t been clear.
The global varicose vein treatment market was valued at $376.64 million in 2017, and is expected to reach $589.06 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2018 to 2025-Allied Market Research.
Here are some statistics and facts that you may not have known about varicose veins.
- More than 40 million people in the United States suffer from varicose veins.
- Almost 50% of varicose vein patients have a family history of varicose veins.
- If both parents have varicose veins, your chances to develop the disease are close to 90%.
- If one parent is affected, daughters have a 60% chance while sons have a 25% chance of developing the disease.
- The prevalence of varicose veins is greater in women (55%) compared to men (45%)
- It is estimated that 41% of women over the age of 50 have varicose veins.
- It is estimated that 50% of the US population over 50 years old has varicose veins.
- Women who are moderately overweight (BMI 25-29.9) have a 50% increased risk of developing varicose veins compared to women who are not overweight. Women with a BMI greater than 30 are three times as likely to develop varicose veins.
American Premium Water Corporation (OTC: HIPH) announced yesterday that Canyon Create Corp, the manufacturer of Vanexxe, a Varicose Vein Treatment, has entered into a Letter of Intent (LOI) with Nutra Pty. Ltd. (Nutra), an Australian corporation with extensive reach in distribution of personal products, to engage in the licensed production and sale of Vanexxe throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. The Company has an equitable interest in Canyon Create Corp.
American Premium Water Corporation CEO Ryan Fishoff commented, “This is an exciting day for Vanexxe! Not only is this ground breaking product expanding to Australia, its also being evaluated by the TGA to be classified for therapeutic use. If approval is given, it will greatly expand the number of channels that can sell the product. It will also offer further validation of the product and its efficacy. The LOI with Nutra Pty falls in line with our focus on international expansion, and has been in the works for some time, as the Company stated back in July that it was in discussions with distributors across the Pacific Rim. Establishing a foothold in the Pacific has been a stated goal of the Company’s. As we move into 2020, we will continue to focus on expanding into this region. I look forward to updating shareholders when the Nutra Pty LOI is completed and the Company’s other activities in the area.”
Vanexxe can be purchased on Amazon:
Vanexxe Varicose Vein Treatment – vein support for varicose veins and to help reduce the appearance of varicose veins
Price: $49.99 ($25.00 / Fl Oz)
- VISIBLE RESULTS IN 45 minutes – 2 hours THANKS TO THESE ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS Ginko Biloba, Activated B Vitamins, Antioxidants, and Peptides
- We pride ourselves on lab-tested, pesticide, metal, toxin, and cruelty free products. All of our product ingredients are ethically formulated in FDA approved laboratories and CGMP compliant facilities. We insure performance-based ethical products with the collaboration of industry leading dermatologists, clinicians, aroma therapists, skincare specialists and beauty experts.
Last summer, the Company announced the distribution of Canyon Create’s varicose vein cosmetic treatment, Vanexxe, was available for sale on Walmart.com (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Vanexxe-Varicose-Vein-Support-Gel/867729968).